Monday, January 23, 2012

What Happens When I Don't Blog

I can't jar it up any longer. I must blog.
This past week has been full of thoughts, memories, smiles, and tears.
Last Sunday I got together with my prayer team family and spent two hours chatting over pizza and breadsticks. We swapped life updates and dug into Chapter 4 of the book we've been reading (Intercessory Prayer by Dutch Sheets - such an AWESOME book, by the way!). This book has been an incredible tool in shaping my prayer life. When I started my journey by submitting my application for the prayer team, I had no idea how oblivious I was to prayer at the moment. I've been given an entirely new perspective on prayer through the application of this book and I'm learning that prayer really does change the world. It is the instigator that sparks a revolution for God's hand to move - whether it be through healing, provision, deliverance, etc. Prayer is the foundation we need in order for the victory to be released that Jesus accomplished on Calvary over 2,000 years ago. It makes us distributors of God's products! Isn't that a cool thought? I could marvel on and on about prayer, but I'll keep in simple for now. I'm sure later I'll go into more depth about my discoveries and inquiries with prayer.
Last Monday I went to MOA (Mall of America) with one of my best guy friends, Michael. It was total spontaneous fun as we darted between stores - we went from The Afternoon to H&M to Marbles, and to our new favorite: the new candy store that contained Mike & Ikes, Hot Tamales, and Peeps! One thing I noticed? Whenever you go out to eat with a friend of the opposite gender, the cashier always asks if you want your orders together or separate. Always. It's kind of a silly concept in my mind, and it makes the moment sort of awkward. Because they're basically implying that the two of you are dating. Hahaha... NO. You quietly back away and let your friend pitch it. Thanks modern-day society for ruining our perspective on guy-girl friendships (if they can actually exist anymore, ha).
On Tuesday night my prayer team leader, Melissa, and I had some one-on-one time. We sipped Teavana tea on the carpet of a small, boxed-in room on the 4th floor of one of the dorms. Although we only had an hour to talk, we were still able to share our passion for prayer and what got us to where we were today. Her testimony inspired me so much. Lord, break my heart for the people we pray for. I want to be so overwhelmed by the hurt and the broken that I MUST pray for them. I want to be in constant connection with the Lord.
Wednesday was pure awesomeness. PG, in particular. PG (Praise Gathering) is a two-hour night of worship and prayer on my campus. It's a come-as-you-are service, and very loosely organized. This night in particular the worship set was simply led by a girl on piano. It was beautiful and serene in the peaceful moments. I journaled my thoughts on paper, as I tend to do when I talk with the Lord. The Lord uses my writing as a medium to communicate His thoughts to me. It's pretty neat. As I was writing, an image popped into my head. I transferred the image into a scene in Scripture, and then connected that to my life currently. It BLEW ME AWAY. I was able to pray with a sister in Christ and reflect on my own life afterwards. Such a touching night - and I will go into this night in more detail in a later blog. :)
Then Thursday rolled along. Thursday night was the best night I've had in a long time. Eight others and I went to Pizza Luce in downtown Minneapolis for some pizza and bonding time, specifically to exchange thoughts about our involvement with Encounter. If you don't know what Encounter is, ohhhh boy (just like my friend Austin says :-P). Encounter is a street evangelism ministry where we talk to people on the streets and communicate God's love to them in the bar & club area of downtown Minneapolis every Friday night. God does some super awesome stuff! If you're a North Central student, I challenge you to come out sometime. You will see God move. I don't doubt that.
The end of the week hit: Friday. But before the night even came close, the Lord spoke to me so clearly and almost humorously. Our university president spoke on a topic that's been flustering my mind for the past few weeks or so: This concept of a divine romance. What does that mean? BAM. He spoke about it. My brain was stretched to comprehend the image of the crucifixion as that place being the first place where the human and the divine clashed and become one. Jesus, wholly human and wholly God. What a mind-blowing concept! Oh, and there's more. I kept thinking about the names of God - you know, Provider, Deliverer, Prince of Peace, etc - and then determined that since the Lord lives inside of us, he bears the fruit of the spirit which are essentially synonyms of these names! I hope you could follow that; I know it's a bit complex to grasp, but I will expand on this in a future blog! I just have too many future blog ideas stored in my mind right now. :-)
After chapel on Friday, the weekend hit. It consisted of work and more work. Then church and a drop of homework.
Last night was topped off by a women's worship and prayer night at River Valley Church. I brought my Steps To Beauty ladies and we enjoyed a night of fellowship at Five Guys over burgers and fries beforehand, and then we drove through the sleet to the church. The message the speaker gave was about fear. Although we've all heard about fear several times, it was a fresh reminder and an encouragement I needed.
The week was altogether impacting and exciting! I am so blessed to be in such an awesome place in my life. I have been given amazing friends, a loving family, a fun yet challenging job, and so much more. My heart rejoices with THANKFULNESS! And that's a whole new concept to discuss. Later. Oh jeez, do I wish I could just go on a blogging rampage right now or what! My mind is exploding with ideas. I must learn to be patient with my multitude of thoughts. As for now, however, I shall wish you ado and talk with you later. Farewell my readers. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment