Monday, January 23, 2012

Beauty of You

When I look upon the beauty of You
My heart is overwhelmed with the wonders of Your love
My spirit delights in You,
for You are my Hope and my Joy.


You bring peace in the battle
and heal me from my iniquities.
I am in awe of Your majesty.


Such a perfect image
A divine Jesus with no faults,
You are the definition of holy.
Your righteousness is a light to my dark path,
I find safety in the shadow of your wings.


You are beautiful, Lord
The holes in your hands where you were pierced on the day of your crucifixion,
Your mouth that proclaims words of hope to all men on the earth,
Your eyes that see the broken and lost in the world,
And your hands that give graciously to the needy and help the impoverished.


Although pictures depict You as a Jewish man
Dirt stains on Your face,
A nestle of thorns binding Your thick brown hair
And teardrops filling Your eyes,
It is only a mere representation of Your time on Earth.


You are the purest and most Holy One,
You wash away all my sins
and hold me close.
I cannot wait to kneel at Your throne when the day comes!


How amazing are you, Lord
Let showers of grace rain down
every time I gaze upon your beauty.
Give me a new glimpse of Your kingdom,
and let me rest in the freedom of your love. Amen.


[1/23/2011]

No comments:

Post a Comment