Monday, December 12, 2011

Exegetical Moments

I know I shouldn't be blogging... But I can't help but not to at this time of night/morning. It's 5:23 a.m.!! HOLY BANANAS. That's what I've been exclaiming silently for the past two hours. I can't believe I'm still as awake as I am. I've only drank three cups of coffee today, with the last being over four hours ago. My feet have that prickly feeling from falling asleep. I've been sitting at my desk for four hours now writing this stinkin' exegesis paper. Actually, "stinkin'" in the wrong word to describe it... I'm actually really enjoying writing this paper! It just takes a lot of work and effort. I had no motivation to start it the past few days, so it finally dawned on me this morning that I had to start it soon otherwise I would suffer severe consequences (this paper is worth 50% of my grade!). So, I did. I treated myself to an extra few hours of sleep this morning and woke up at 10:00 a.m. roughly to begin the paper. Once I got into it, I didn't want to stop. I honestly LOVE reading these commentaries on 1 Corinthians! I sound like such a Bible nerd, but it's so true. I just want to read, read, read, and not write! It's not like I despise writing, it's just reading about the Bible is too much of an exciting activity. Now I'm taking a break from the paper. I have a little over 400 words left, but even still, I have so much to add and subtract. Lots of revision and editing will be done by the time I must turn it in this afternoon. Three hours until I have breakfast with two of my friends -- we're studying for our Intro to Comm & Theory final! :-D Just gotta make it 'til then, and hopefully finish the rough copy of my paper so I can focus entirely on editing after I finish that final. It's going to be a rough day! But with God all things are possible, right? He provides the strength and the energy to get through the day, even if its through caffeinated sources such as coffee and Mt. Dew. ;-) Ahhhhhh! The Lord is so, so good. I cannot begin to fathom His magnificent love for us! In every circumstance, whether it be joyous, calm, sticky, or sad, He ALWAYS intervenes and makes a way! Although we may be blind to it initially, the Lord always leads us through the right doors when we are in-sync with His voice. Thank you Jesus for all you have given me. Love you. :-) Now back to my paper! Wish me luck as I continue learning about the church in Corinth -- quite the boisterous church, hmmmm? We can learn so much through Paul's epistles he wrote to the believers there. I challenge you to go, plop down on your comfy bed, dig out a warm blanket, warm some hot chocolate up, and read through 1 & 2 Corinthians! It'll blow your mind. Because God's REALLY good at doing that.

No comments:

Post a Comment