Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Masterpiece

Discouragement is something that always seems to creep itself into the cracks of my mind. A huge part of discouragement, at least for me, is the feeling of loneliness and feeling unloved. This is a poem I wrote to counter the attacks of discouragement. Because God is so in love with me, and desires an intimate relationship with me. I can't forget this, no matter how much the enemy tries to lie to me.

Come away with me, my daughter
My beloved child
cradle yourself in my loving arms
You are loved.

You are worth more
than gold and silver
and treasures kept by men.

You are more beautiful
than the lilies in the field
and the snow-topped mountains on the horizon.

You are my creation
Created in the palms of my hand
from the dust of the earth.
I formed you out of nothing
into something beautiful.
Something so unique and precious
that you are one-of-kind.

No one can replace you
no one can compare to the beauty of your image.
I love every piece of you
every mistake and every failure,
every gift and every good thing,
you are the breathtaking result of my handiwork.
Nothing can change that.

I am your Father
and you, my child
are my masterpiece.

[11/1/11]

No comments:

Post a Comment